Monday, January 31, 2011

Another floating frame

I usually dont make any decorations for Valentine's day simply because isn't a big deal in Europe like it is in the States but I wanted to make another floating frame and couldn't think of anything else to put on the squares. This time I used cardboard like from a cereal box and used mod modge to cover it with scrapbook paper. I still sanded the edges (carefully) and inked the edges with red and black distress ink.

I'm not all that proud of my frame decorations but I couldn't leave the house to get supplies that I wanted to I used what I had on hand. I might make some changes if I can think of anything else. But I just wanted to show you that it looks just as good with really thick cardboard as it does with really thin cardboard which makes this a simple and cheap project!
I was more careful this time not to leave glue strings caught inside the frame. Now I need to find a place to put it! (sorry for the awful picture quality, my camera isn't great and the lighting in my living room is terrible most of the time because of the weather!)

2 comments:

  1. I love this!! Such a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just stopped by your facebook page, your pictures are amazing! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete