Sunday, February 6, 2011

A simple card for any occasion

I love making cards more than I like to scrapbook but if I have to come up with an idea on the spot it can take me up to 2 hours to finish a card which means that by the end of the evening I often feel totally frustrated and vow never to make a card again! So I've deceided to come up with (or find online) a few simple card layouts that I can reuse for any occasion to make my life easier:)
Today I want to show you one that I came up with, it's very simple and I'm sure other people have made this card before I'm just saying I didn't find this card idea online :)

Supplies you'll need:
*Card base measures 8cmX10cm (for this card I used green)
*the layered card stock pieces measure (in inches this time, if you have a paper trimmer it usually shows cm and inches anyway):
1. cream colored card stock 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 inches
2. brown card stock 2 x 2 inches
3. green card stock (or some color as base of card) 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 inches
4. brown card stock 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 inches
*You'll need a stamp that fits on the smallest square (cream card stock)
*Brown ink if you are using brown for your layers
*chalks or pencils to color in the stamped image
*adhesive (I use photo stickers because they are cheaper than anything else here and they work great
*a piece of coordinating ribbon
* a bone folder to fold your card nicely

I always start by cutting all the pieces of card stock that I need before I do anything else. Then I take my cream colored card stock and stamp my image on it. I like clear stamps because they are easier to position (although I must admit I stamped the image a first time and had to start over on the other side of the card stock). I like to use my chalks to color in the image with a Q-tip.
Once I've colored my stamped image I layer all the squares, I like to use dimensionals on the cream card stock but then for the other layers I just use my photo stickers.
When all the layers are stuck together just position them on your folded card base. At this point I cut a slit in the crease of my card base for the ribbon to go through.

Put your ribbon through the slit and bring it over to the front of the card.
Tie a knot or a bow and you're done! If this were a baby card you could stamp a stroller to the front or a cupcake for a birthday. The first card in this last picture is a boy card so I didn't tie a knot this time.


Tip: Most of my stamps are from the brand Inkadinkado, they usually cost about 10 euros but I found a seller on ebay.nl (netherlands) who sells clear stamps ( mostly inkadinkado) for 5 euros!! and he only charges 3 euros shipping (within Europe) if you ask her to group your items. Her ebay name is Chardali and she speaks English if you need to send her a message!

No comments:

Post a Comment