Friday, March 4, 2011

A little bit of spring

I was at my favorite hobby/gardening store the other day looking for supplies for another project that I will be sharing with you shortly, I think was having a very creative day because I ended up leaving the store with supplies for at least 5 projects instead of just the one. The most expensive item I bought that day was that adorable watering can on the right! I love how the whole thing turned out with very little effort...now we just have to see how long the flowers will last....I have a bad history.
The idea for this project came to me when I saw this piece of fence for only 5 euros (about 6 dollars)!
I made a vinyl stencil using my silhouette, of course and placed the words where I wanted them on my fence. Oh, and don't forget to keep the inside of the letters so you can stick those on your project as well!
The I used my favorite off white color which is a very thick varnish with a satin finish and used a special stencil brush to dab the paint inside the letters.
I waited until it was completely dry before removing the stencil and then I went over the paint with some sand paper to give it a more rustic look and flatten out some of the letters that got too much paint.
I bought some cheap potted plants and just left them in the pot they came with, just your basic terracotta colored plastic pot.


I think the stencil adds a nice touch but I'm sure it would look nice without it as well so go on and give it a try!

linking to: the shabby nest and I love naptime

6 comments:

  1. Super ideja,prekrasna kutija pa još puna cvijeća, super...
    Pozdrav.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks melanzana! have a nice week end!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! I love it. :) So spring like and such a fun idea... like bringing a little garden into the house. I live in the city in a top floor flat so I would love something like this to make me feel like I have some life around me. :) Thanks for sharing. I am your newest follower! Have a great day.
    Humble Homemaking

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, that is sweet of you. I live in the country side but I'm missing the sun and wanted to get rid of all the gray weather here so now I have a bit of sunshine in our apartment. I'm glad you like it and I hope you can find the supplies you need!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pour le coup ça fait de tres belles jardinières =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. maerci:) c'était le but mais j'ai peur qu'il fasse trop chaud dans notre apart pour qu'elle survivent!

    ReplyDelete