Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ikea tweak

The past two week-ends I ended up going to IKEA to pick up some supplies for a few projects. I'll be posting my latest project this coming week but before I wanted to show you a little something first. I wanted one of those scented candles in a glass for my kitchen to remove smells after cooking but I wanted it to look nice so here's what I came up with:
Yep, you only need one small candlestick holder, also from IKEA for 50 cents. I didn't want to glue it on permanently because I want to reuse the candlestick once this candle is done so I tried glueing it together with my glue gun first. I tried pulling them apart and it came off very easily so I ended up using 3 glue dots from my scrapbooking supplies to stick them together. That seems to be working well, I'll just have to be careful when I carry it around.
I think it gives it a little something extra:) What do you think?

1 comment: