Tuesday, August 16, 2011

in between boxes

The first week end that we were supposed to start packing I decided to paint a table for our new kitchen. The kitchen in our new apartment is going to be very small, we can fit a table in it but it has to be very narrow. I had this really cute table that my Dad and my Grand-father had restored for us as a wedding gift, we haven't been using it the past few years because it needed a new coat of paint. Since I like farm style kitchens I decided to strip the top of the table so the wood underneath would show.
This is the only before shot that I have. The table in this picture is an ivory color and I wanted it to be an antic white.
I love the color of the wood!!



There was a lot of sanding involved...
I used a satin finish cream white paint to cover the legs.

It was getting dark when I finished painting the legs so they look a lot creamier than they actually are, the color is much lighter. In this picture I haven't actually varnished the top, I later added 4 coats of clear varnish to the top the table.

I have four of these wooden Ikea chairs, they are very white right now and I've started to take the paint of the seats and painting the rest the same color as the kitchen table legs. I am also going to distress the chairs a bit.
I'll take pictures of the finished product in our new apartment where the lighting is much better I think. 3 more days till the big day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment