Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Easter plaque

Here's a sign I made for the relief society room at church. Since we live in Germany I had to make the sign in German. This plaque was easy, there was no molding involved for once:)

I found a piece of wood in my wood stash that was perfect for this project, it measured about 11.5cm x 32cm. I used the leftover paint from the eggs I painted from the previous post.

I used my silhouette a lot for this project. I made a stencil for the background which I filled in with pink paint.

I then used my silhouette to cut out a white picket fence with white vinyl.
I used the silhouette to cut out 'Ostern' in black vinyl.
I didn't have green vinyl so I cut a strip of grass out of green card stock (with the silhouette) and used mod podge to adhere it to the bottom of the plaque.
I found these really cute angle brackets in France at a store called Mr. Bricolage, I didn't attach them to the plaque because I want to be able to reuse them. I love these brackets, I used another pair to hold up a shelf in our kitchen and I distressed them with sandpaper which removed some of the white paint to reveal the metal underneath.

Right now I'm working on a banner to add to the decorations I've made so far. I'll try to remember to take a picture of the finished mantel at church.

2 comments: