Monday, September 3, 2012

little wooden pumpkin patch

I've been seeing these wooden block pumpkins all over blog land lately and with the weather cooling down (and all the wind we've been having) I've been in a fall kind of mood. So after having some pumpkin chocolate chip cookies it was time to get to work on some fall decor:)

 I went to the hardware store and had my blocks cut up, I followed the instructions on this blog to make my pumpkin patch. I painted the blocks and sanded them down a bit. I then used hot glue to glue my little sticks on the top (I'd made a previous pumpkin patch and used wood glue to glue the sticks onto the wood but one fell off after a couple days so I thought I'd try hot glue instead), so far it seems to be holding well.
 To finish them off I added ribbon, raffia and wire.
 Very simple and fast project and I love the touch off fall with my vintage treasures:)

No comments:

Post a Comment