Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Rapunzel birthday party part 1

Since we live close to family (we have a big family:) we always have to have two parties, one for family and one for friends and since Megan is born mid-August we try to wait till the end of the month to have her friend party because school doesn't start till the beginning of September in France so mid -August a lot of her friends are still gone.
As you might have noticed from my invitation tutorial Megan had a Rapunzel birthday party. So the colors were all shades of purple, pink and some yellow. For the family I just prepared a dessert table and some snacks.

 I made a happy birthday banner out of cardstock using my spellbinders nestabilities dies and I used my silhouette SD to cut out the letters for the banner.
 I made a big yarn braid for the table and used a lot of fresh flowers from a friends yard, I was so grateful for the fresh flowers that were free:) I made angel food cupcakes....I usually make a regular angel food cake but I wanted to do something different. I dont think I'll make those again though, they ended up all shriveled and wrinkled and the paper tins were just coming off on the sides....I tried to save them from looking too bad but at least they were tasty!
 I made mini pavlovas which have become a big favourite in our family. Here's the recipe I use.

 I found this great whipped cream frosting recipe that I used for the pavlovas and the angel food cupcakes, it held up great and it was light and not too sweet.
 oreo cake pops
 Carmelitas, also a favourite:) You can find the recipe on my blog but I actually found it on pinterest.
 A few salted snacks and some fruit and drinks. I made a couple fabric buntings for the decorations and stenciled gold suns onto them. I got the sun shape for the silhouette off a friend's blog called thefleetingthing, she gives you the link for the shape she created and she has a ton of great ideas for a Rapunzel birthday party along with detailed tutorials on how to sew an amazing Rapunzel dress and treat bags for the kids.

 We love hummus in our family so I cut up some vegetable and used this recipe I found on pinterest to make the hummus.
 Here's a quick overall shot of the living room with the bunting hanging off the ceiling, Ikea lace curtains around the mirror, birthday banner on the mirror and dessert table. See you next time for part 2 of the birthday celebration:)

Linking to:
http://www.reasonstoskipthehousework.com
http://www.lifeafterlaundry.com
http://katherinescorner.com

4 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty. I love how you did the blond hair on the table.
    http://thesassysouthernpeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I showed these pictures to my daughter. She loved it so much, she is asking me to braid her blonde for her birthday party, and I don’t want to do that is there any other way out? We have also booked one of the LA venues for her party. I will just take help from such blogs to make it awesome for her.

    ReplyDelete